All photos courtesy of ACL Festival
ACL, which is actually the Austin City Limits Music Festival, takes place every fall at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas. Tickets have gone on sale, so if you are planning on going this year, it’s time to get those tickets! This year the event is October 6-8 and October 13-15 and the lineup looks pretty spectacular. You can get tickets and festival information here at the ACL Festival site.
If you don’t know anything about ACL, here are some quick facts:
- As you can see from the above event poster, the festival is not about one music genre; there’s something for everyone. Multiple stages are set up are Zilker Park, so you can wander between stages to check out booths and people watch.
- When you buy your ticket, you’re actually buying a wristband, which is non-transferable after you use it. You can sell your wristband before the festival for face value only – you cannot mark that baby up to pocket some extra cash. This is to prevent ticket scalpers from buying wristbands and selling them for ridiculous prices like they do for concerts.
- Not all bands play both weekends, so pay attention to the lineup and make sure you select the weekend that works best for you.
- Even if you don’t go to the actual festival, being in Austin during ACL is pretty cool! Kid #1 ran into the band of Foo Fighters one night out on 6th street. Dave Grohl was not with them that night, as he had just broken his leg. Other artists will play at random bars, so you never know who you will run into when you’re out and about Austin.
- Uber and Lyft are no longer in Austin, so keep that in mind when you’re thinking about transportation. Ride Austin is a good alternative.
- If you’re coming in from out of town, book your hotel room now. You seriously don’t want to wait on this, as rooms get booked and more expensive as the timing of the festival gets closer. Also, consider Air BnB. Many local Austin folks actually leave town during festival time and rent out their homes. This is a great alternative.
Have you ever been to ACL? Let me know if you’re planning to go!
You might also enjoy...
Whoa…Things Look Different! That’s right, friends! Behind the scenes, along with Gariele over at Dreamworthy Design, I have been working hard to create a website that’s calm, easy to use and very different than anything I’ve had in the past. This site now features my photography, which I love, while…
My husband and I were able to cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas last fall. We were having trouble getting our schedules to line up, but we made it work! Somehow, the stars were aligned in our favor to make it happen. This was our first time on this class of ship and I was really excited to check to out.
I recently asked my followers about what kind of content they would want to see from me. More often than not, they wanted to read about beach/ocean travel. And since that’s right up my alley, I wanted to share the result. I’ve broken down my trips from least expensive to most expensive.
Leave a Comment